Volunteering is a great way to get involved.
We are so grateful to our volunteers who contribute their time, expertise, and skills to make Steps for Life an amazing experience for our participants, their friends and family.
The Steps for Life walk has grown rapidly, thanks to the wonderful enthusiasm and involvement of our many volunteers, from local walk committee members spreading the word by posting posters in their communities and on their company bulletin boards, asking local business leaders to support the event, to those helping on-site on walk day.
Be a Volunteer Today
If you would like to lend a hand, please contact your local walk Committee Chair or Regional Development Coordinator in your location. Or call us at 1-888-567-9490 to find out more about volunteer opportunities in your area. Interested in volunteering at Steps for Life, please download and fill in a volunteer application form (fillable PDF), and send it to us at email@example.com!
(If you aren’t able to use and save the PDF form, here’s a version you can simply print, fill in, scan, and send back!)
There are many ways you can help our worthy cause and have fun while giving your time and support, including:
Before the Event
You can join an organizing committee. You may be interested in:
- taking minutes of the meetings
- approaching local sponsors for gifts in-kind
- event coordination (logistics)
- distributing flyers and brochures in your local community to promote the walk
- liaising with your local councillors to help promote the walk and invite key
- set up and tear down
- greeting walkers
- route marshaling (to direct walkers and if required, to make walkers aware of potential hazards)
- children’s area
- barbecue/ food service
- financial accountability volunteers
- media coordinator
- clean up
- assembling walker packages before the event