We have a winner!
Congratulations to Ann Grant – winner of the 2016 Steps for Life Flight for 2 with WestJet!
This year Steps for Life could help you walk your way to a fantastic vacation!
If you register online and raise at least $100 in paid online donations for Steps for Life, or write a 500-word essay, your name will be entered in a draw for a flight for two to anywhere WestJet flies.
- The Prize: The prize is valid for round trip travel only, until May 1, 2017. WestJet charters and WestJet Vacations packages are not included. Certain blackout dates (e.g. Christmas, Easter etc.) are not included. For more information, please read the WestJet Gift of Flight prize conditions.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using his/her prizes will be the responsibility of the winner. Prize must be accepted as awarded; no cash substitutes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if stated prize becomes unavailable for reasons not related to the winner.
The winner and his/her travel companion must travel on the identical itinerary. Travel must originate from and end at the same airport. The winner and his/her travel companion may be required to provide appropriate government issued photo identification (such as a valid passport) at time of travel. The winner and his/her travel companion are solely responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary travel documents and other travel requirements. No changes will be made to travel details once any portion of travel arrangements have been made, except at WestJet’s sole discretion. Neither Threads of Life nor WestJet is responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize, or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins on Monday, February 1, 2016 at 9:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Monday, May 30, 2016 at 12:00am PT (the “Contest Period”). The winner will be announced June 15, 2016.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of the Association of Workplace Tragedy Family Support (Threads of Life) and that of WestJet.
- How to Enter:
a) Register Online – To be entered in the draw, participant must register online for Steps for Life during the Contest Period. Participant must raise at least $100 in paid online donations (pledges and cash donations are not included). For every additional $100 the participant raises in paid online donations, he or she will receive an additional entry in the draw.
b) No Purchase Necessary – In choosing this option, to be entered in the draw, participants must write a 500-word essay on “Why Threads of Life is important in their community” and submit it by email, together with the participant’s full name, address and phone number, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 30, 2016 at 12:00 am PT. The essay content must:
i. be original for each entry, not repetitive;
ii. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
iii. be in “good taste” and in keeping with Threads of Life brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by Threads of Life, in its sole and absolute discretion;
iv. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
v. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Threads of Life or its services;
vi. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
vii. not violate any law or regulation;
viii. not be libellous, threatening or harassing;
ix. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
x. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent or associated with the online registration.
- A random draw will be held on June 15, 2016 at approximately 12:00pm PT from all valid entries received. Chances of winning any prize will depend upon the number of entries received.
- Winners will be notified by telephone. In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, an arithmetical, time-limited, skill testing question. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within 7 days of the draw, such entrant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, which selected alternate must also be contacted within 7 days of the subsequent draw.
- Winner will be required to sign a release form confirming acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Threads of Life and WestJet and their affiliates from any liability relating to their prize. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without compensation, worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet. Persons (or the parents/legal guardians of any legal minors) travelling as companions of the winner must also complete and return a liability and publicity release before airline tickets will be awarded.
- Threads of Life is not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; or (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient. Threads of Life reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest).
a) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Threads of Life with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.